Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Stress-Reducing Benefits of Yoga


Some people still think of yoga as some strange mystical practice involving impossible flexibility and lots of chanting. In reality, yoga is a fun, relaxing method of getting in shape and letting go of your stress. In fact, I don't even realize how tense my body is until I come out of a yoga class feeling loose, refreshed and relaxed.

While I think it's best to take a class to learn the basic positions, there are a lot of good yoga videos for beginners. Just remember that you should work within your own comfort zone. Never push yourself to do something you are not ready to do. And yoga should never be painful.

2 comments:

Suzanne Lieurance said...

Hey, Theresa,

I LOVE yoga. It is so relaxing and I love the way I feel after all that stretching!

Namaste.

Suzanne Lieurance
The Working Writer's Coach
http://www.workingwriterscoach.com
"When Your Pen Won't Budge, Read The Morning Nudge"

Dorit Sasson said...

Hey, Theresa,

I like the more stretchy yogas. Some of the Ashtanga practices are far beyond my comfort zone, so I've learned from that.

When I took yoga in the morning, I was so wired up, I couldn't concentrate. So I work with my body in the afternoon.

Great !

Dorit
http://newteacherresourcecenter.blogspot.com
"Empower your students and your teaching"